Code of Practice
Family Therapy Counselling is managed according to the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the Australian Association of Family Therapist Inc (AAFT).
Lorena is committed in providing the highest levels of confidentiality and service. This includes protecting your privacy.
Any personal details collected about you will be treated in confidence and securely stored as is legally required.
Permission to release information is sought from you.
An example is the requirement to report back to the referring GP regarding progress achieved in counselling, ensuring proper collaborative management of care.
There may be limits to confidentiality due to duty of care or legal requirements.
For example, information may be disclosed without consent:
• If the person is at risk of harm to themselves or others
• If the person’s file is subpoenaed by a court of law
If you have any concerns in regard to these matters, please discuss them with Lorena Cavalieri
• There is a flat rate for counselling/psychotherapy for 1 hour session for individuals
• Family Therapy & Couples Counselling – hourly rate fee
• Low fee consideration may be given in particular circumstances
• Negotiated Fees for professional consultations
• In most circumstances a fee will be charged for missed appointments and late cancellations.
• Professional Reports charged at an hourly rate and/or per page